Ranch is a livestock operation spanning three centuries. It is
located in the brush country of South Texas, in the counties of
McMullen, Live Oak and Duval. La Campana in Spanish means the
9, 1875, title to the property that would become La Campana Ranch
was transferred by land scrip from the State of Texas to Adams,
Beaty and Multan. This was in payment for "opening and cleaning
out a channel in the Sabine River". Seven days later on January
16, 1875, Adams, Beaty and Multon sold the land to William L.
Rogers of Corpus Christi, Texas for twelve cents an acre.
11, 1881 Manuel Rogers, son of William L. Rogers, registered a
brand for Rancho La Campana in the "First Book of Brands
- Duval County Texas 1876 - 1882". During the early years,
the Rogers family operated the ranch primarily as a sheep and
goat operation. The family owned the property until 1911.
family has owned the ranch since 1939. Seven generations of our
family have lived in McMullen County and four generations have
lived and worked on the ranch.